Gun Control won't work!







I saw Ted Cruz on the news the other day. He was pontificating about the recent mass shooting of churchgoers in Texas.

He got very angry because someone suggested that America ought to have stricter gun control to prevent things like that from happening.

Ted patiently explained (well, not that patiently) that banning guns or imposing controls won't make any difference.

If someone wants to kill, and they can't get hold of a gun, he said, they'll just use the weaponry to hand. E.g., they might run you down with a truck.

I thought that the reason guns were invented was to provide a more efficient way of killing folk. So banning them would lead to less deaths, as killers would have to resort to less efficient means of homicide.

I got that wrong, didn't I?

Silly me.






Comments

Popular Posts