You cannot be serious #2




The other day I was talking to a friend of mine who's a boxing fan.

"What do you make of the Mayweather/McGregor fight?" I asked him.

"Mayweather's going to get his arse kicked," he replied.

"How do you work that out?"

"He's forty years old and it's a while since his last fight. He'll be rusty. McGregor's a young man. I reckon he'll wear Mayweather down and win in about round ten."

We agreed to differ on the outcome and there are now two pints riding on it.

It  goes to show that what I thought of as a match that should never have been made is being taken seriously in some quarters.

Anyway, I stand by my original forecast: Mayweather will win in an early round (3 or 4) and McGregor won't lay a glove on him. He'll be too agricultural to get anywhere against one of the finest defensive boxers who ever laced on a pair of gloves.

See:

You cannot be serious

Boxing and me

Blogging as a writer

Violence

Visit: my book page




Comments

Popular Posts